July 23, 2010

Not the Face!! Not the Face!! Cleric Offers Common Sense Advice on Wife Beating



"America and Islam are not exclusive and need not be in competition. Instead, they overlap, and share common principles -- principles of justice and progress; tolerance and the dignity of all human beings."

"My job is to communicate the fact that the United States has a stake in the well-being of the Muslim world, that the language we use has to be a language of respect. I have Muslim members of my family. I have lived in Muslim countries. My job to the Muslim world is to communicate that the Americans are not your enemy. We sometimes make mistakes. We have not been perfect."

"Islam has a proud tradition of tolerance. Meanwhile, the struggle for women's equality continues in many aspects of American life, and in countries around the world."
-Barack Hussein Obama

No comments:

Post a Comment