January 25, 2010

Best Mac Ad ...Ever

The Urban Dictionary defines stoned as
A state of mind which occurs after smoking enough marijuana to the point where the user stares blankly into whatever catches his/her attention, as in "I was so stoned I didn't notice the movie was in French."

Pat Palmer posted a link to the complete Get A Mac campaign, saying

For all of you Apple freaks - here is a complete listing of all the “Get a Mac” ads since 2006. Adweek recently named this campaign the best of the decade and I would have to agree, although some would argue the strength of the campaign is that it gets out of the way of the products. Nice when that happens.

This reminded me that one of my favorite ads ever happens to be a Mac ad, the famous one with Ellen Feis, the red-eyed internet phenomenon posted above. She gives a thorough and ...coherent account of her troubles attempting to write (and rewrite) a school paper while battling her PC and the munchies, but does it stand up to technical analysis? I don't know much about computers, and I have no idea if a PC going bleep, bleep, blip, bleep, blip, bleep, bleep sounds like a keyboard buffer overrun, or if the ensuing crash would cause her loss of data. I'm not even sure if a Mac wouldn't do the same thing if you leaned your elbow on the delete key while taking a 30 second bong hit. But either way it sure is a great ad.

No comments:

Post a Comment